You may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP address used to access the website, but not the e-mail address or any other personal identifiable information. The information on IP addresses is aggregated to measure the number of visits, the average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. Absolutely Water may analyse non-identifiable traffic data to improve its services, via third-party programmes such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. The practice may collect, hold and use statistical information about website visits to help it improve the website. Such information includes:
- your IP address;
- the research terms you used;
- the pages accessed on the website and the links visitors clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the website;
- the referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to our website; and
- the type of web browser or device you use.
The traffic data is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our website analysis will respect any “does not track” setting you may have set on your web browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). For users that submit online enquiries, we store the personal information they provide for 30 days. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
All information that you provide to Absolutely Water may be stored electronically and with third parties, which parties are bound by strict levels of confidentiality. These electronic records shall be proof of the information unless you can prove otherwise.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included.
POPI Act Compliance
For the POPI Act, Absolutely Water is deemed to be an organization that engages in all aspects of business. It follows that personal information could be processed in some of the following categories:
- Stakeholders, i.e. shareholders
- Governing bodies, i.e. directors
- Statutory bodies, i.e. SARS
- Public viewers, i.e. websites
- Hostile invaders i.e. hackers
A list of the processors, persons privy to the processing is inserted here. The following general information is collected from the parties above:
- Contact Details
- All labour related information
- All client information relating to accounting, products, services in common
- All vendor information relating to accounting, products, services in common
- Information stakeholders could be interested in
- Information governing bodies could be interested in
- All Statutory information on which Absolutely Water is to report / act upon
- Information destined for marketing and sales in future
- Purpose for holding information
Absolutely Water vows to take all reasonable steps to protect the information as prescribed by the POPI Act. As far as Absolutely Water understands, all personal information is private and attended to according to the POPI Act.
Absolutely Water will at all times measure the risk of breach of the POPI Act and actively manage same on a daily basis.
Any additional information or concerns can be addressed to email@example.com.